Wednesday, November 2, 2016

street signs - Ross

These street signs can be found in Paisley, Ontario. 
Ross St runs parallel to the main street (Queen St) and at this intersection, near the barn, you can find the Farmer's Market held every Saturday morning from Victoria Day to Thanksgiving.
I rather liked the signs even if they are bit dark 


until I tried to read another pair of signs.
The fancy script was a bit hard to decipher, especially if you weren't familiar with the town.




But then, I saw this, one block over


and felt a little sad for this end of Maggie St.

something fancy for signs, signs

22 comments:

  1. Those signs do have fancy script that is not the easiest to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the paramedics know their way around town!

      Delete
  2. Indeed some signs for eternity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. although, I do wonder what happened that they needed a new "maggie"?!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. True. It's probably not allowed to make non-reflective street signs nowadays.

      Delete
  4. I hope they replace the plain Maggie with a fancy version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I somehow suspect that those fancy ones are too expensive now!

      Delete
  5. I bet somebody stole the fancy Maggie sign on that one corner and nowadays they are replacing them wit plainer ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Maggie! The rest of the signs are such a nice font for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are only on a few blocks of the 'downtown'. maybe that end of Maggie St is the borderline?!

      Delete
  7. I don't think I've ever seen street signs quite like these!
    The plainer one is definitely easier to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've quite enjoyed seeing the varieties of signs in each town.

      Delete

Glad you stopped by. For anyone who stumbled here, don't be shy to say 'hi' and let me know you've visited!