Sunday, November 16, 2014

chocolate

There are some flavours that you might not think of putting together, but which are actually very, very good. Lime on pretty much anything from chips (crisps), to corn, to yogourt, for example. Bacon and chocolate also comes to mind. Surprisingly good, if you don't think about it too much.
And then there is my new favourite food.... cream cheese and chocolate
which, while searching online for a photo, I discover has been around for awhile in some places but only for a couple of weeks here. The sign in the grocery store said "limited offer", so in a bit of a panic that it might disappear, I've now stocked up with at least five tubs. Apparently there was no need.

Introducing NEW Philadelphia Chocolate. Made with the creamy goodness of Philly and a touch of pure milk chocolate. With half the sugar and calories of the leading hazelnut spread*, it’s great for Mom and the whole family. Spread it on toast as part of a complete breakfast.
I was a bit dismayed by the above description - seriously "great for Mom..."???
Anyway, you know where this is leading..... I still have my jar of Nutella, but it has been sidelined, for the time being.
When a friend went to Italy last June, I requested this stamp. Sure, no problem said she, not knowing anything about the Italian postal system nor about stamps and that these were brand new. She had quite a tale to tell about trying to find them, what with the limited Italian and some of the post offices not aware of their existence or having them in stock yet. I was thrilled to get these even if it wasn't cancelled on a postcard.




spreading the love on Sunday Stamps

18 comments:

  1. chocolate is good on just about anything lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the stamp, but it seems too much like advertising that is unfair to other companies that don't have their products on stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, that has occurred to me as well. makes me wonder if/what Ferrero paid for this honour.

      Delete
  3. You are right phili and chocolate is not something I've ever though of combining. But mmm love Nutella, such an Italian institution that the 1964 date surprised me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you must try it!!
      I will admit that It was years before I knew it was Italian. it was introduced to me while living in Holland, so I always thought of it as a Dutch breakfast. silly me.

      Delete
  4. I'll confess to liking both Phili and Nutella, But chocolate Phili seems a step too far. Adverts on stamps - I'd accept adverts that have become iconic, but not otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it might be "a step too far" as well, but it's very like Nutella with a tiny bit of a kick. I guess they figure Nutella is iconic enough for a stamp.

      Delete
  5. I think of Nutella as European, did not know it was Italian. Guess I didn't look at the label too closely. I like chocolate and peanut butter myself. thanks for your contribution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, chocolate and peanut butter is an excellent combo. haven't tried pb with the chocolate cream cheese yet.

      Delete
  6. What an original theme! And how kind of your friend to do her utmost to find this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought this wouldn't fit into any other theme so seemed perfect for today!

      Delete
  7. Perhaps Nutella on an Italian stamp would be similar to GB having Marmite on a stamp (which we don't), an iconic product, but something people either love or hate. I think vintage adverts would make a good subject matter for stamps. but I'm not sure about current products or stores.
    A stamp which prompts debate for sure.
    I'm pleased to read in last week's comments that you'll be taking on the challenge following Viridian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are right - it does prompt debate.
      and I guess Marmite would be a reasonable comparison, although it seems to be loved only by a few die hards and only the English :)

      Delete
  8. We were just in Belgium and had one of their waffles covered in Nutella. Yes, it was VERY yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't eat back on, period, but I don't like any salty/sweet combo. I bought hot chocolate yesterday and as soon as the guy offered "salted caramel" on it, I was shaking my head no.

    Nutella is also on my no-go list because I don't care for the flavor of hazelnuts. I like regular chocolate, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually surprised that I like the salty/sweet combo. but then, I don't really like things too sweet, so maybe I find the salt a bit tempering. and I much prefer dark chocolate to milk chocolate.

      Delete

Glad you stopped by. For anyone who stumbled here, don't be shy to say 'hi' and let me know you've visited!