Sunday, July 13, 2014

landscapes

For some reason I found this theme to be a bit of a challenge, so I'm really interested to see what the rest of you have found. I saw many landscapes, but the theme of the stamps was often something else and the landscape was incidental. (I know, I could interpret the theme broadly...)My profile states that I prefer mountains over beaches, and these mountains and rolling hills would set my heart a-flutter were I to find myself somewhere in the vicinity.
Norway provided a nice scenic view for their 2010 theme of tourist stamps, this one of the tourist route Lofoten.  Now that I think about it, I might have shown this one already, but you're getting a second chance in case you missed it. or forgot about it.



And over in Lithuania, their 2012 Europa stamp for the theme of visit and a 2009 stamp for preserve the polar regions and glaciers.  Not sure where either of these are, specifically. 
But, further south Germany issued a stamp in 2013 of the Berchtesgaden Alps located in Bavaria and Salzburg

7 comments:

  1. You've found some nice pointy mountains in your collection. I've always imagined Lithuania with lots of trees nice when I see it so on a stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only one or two Lithuanian stamps and nothing as scenic as these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping Canada might have some stamps of its wonderful landscapes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice selection! i never associated lithuania with mountains, i love the 2nd stamp but at first i thought they were white from the snow, but they are actually white cliffs arent they *blushing*

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great, I've not seen them before. thank you for joining in this week.

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. For anyone who stumbled here, don't be shy to say 'hi' and let me know you've visited!